If you're trying to print an Adobe Acrobat PDF document and your printer just blinks at you, it may be a conflict in the setup of the file. You may be feeding PS level II code to a PS level I printer. Check the Print dialog settings in Acrobat and check `PS level I only'.
Another option you can adjust is the Windows Timeout:
1. Go to Start, Settings, Printers
2. In the Printers window, find the icon for the printer you are using.
3. Click on it with your Right Mouse Button and from the fly-down menu, select Properties.
3. Click the Details tab and increase the Transmission Retry to 999 seconds (or higher).
4. Click Apply, then click OK.